Emerald Realty and Rentals is a rental agency engaging
in the rental of private property to others. This agency reserves
the right to refuse service to anyone we feel will not be responsible
for the rental property.
The following procedures must be followed by all guests renting
any of the properties managed by Emerald Realty and Rentals:
1. Minimum age to rent any of our rental properties is twenty-five years of age.
2. We have a two night minimum in all rental properties and a three night minimum for the holiday
weekends of Martin Luther King and Presidents' holiday. It is our policy to secure a one week rental
during the Christmas/New Years holiday, then to fill in shorter stays around that week.
3. Sales tax is charged on all vacation rentals of less than 91 days. Sales tax rates vary at
6.75% or 12.75%, depending upon county or town tax rates.
4. Trip interruption insurance in the amount of 6.95% is charged on all rentals. This fee is
optional, however NO deposits will be refunded in the event of a cancellation, unless the property
can be re- booked to another renter.
5. Fifty percent of the total rental amount, plus the (optional) trip interruption insurance is
required to confirm a reservation. Deposits are due within seven days of booking a reservation, with
the balance due seven days prior to guest arrival. A refundable damage deposit of $350
(or $500 for larger homes) paid by separate check is due seven days prior to guest arrival.
Many guests choose to purchase damage insurance for $39. In the event of damages, an insurance claim
would be filed, with the $350 (or $500) damage deposit being used only if damage insurance doesn't apply.
6. Check-in time is 4:00 PM. Check-out time is 10:00AM. All early check-ins or late check-outs must
be approved by Emerald Realty and Rentals. You may incur additional fees if you have not vacated your
unit by check-out time on your departure date.
7. Linens for bed, bath and kitchen are provided with the rental.
8. Firewood is not provided with the rentals that have wood burning fireplaces. Duroflame logs are
highly recommended, rather than fire wood.
9. Transportation is the sole responsibility of the lessee. Four wheel drive vehicles or tire chains
may be required to access our rental properties in Winter.
10. NO PETS are allowed in any rental properties, unless agreed upon otherwise.
11. NO SMOKING inside our homes. Outside with ash trays is permitted.
12. Having pets, littering property, misuse of fireplaces, or smoking inside WILL result in loss of
security deposit and may result in eviction.
13. Having more occupants than stated on the reservation WILL result in loss of security deposit and
may result in eviction.
14. Emerald Realty and Rentals does not guarantee any weather, road or ski conditions. We offer no
refund as a result of inclement weather.
15. Emerald Realty and Rentals reserves the right to move or cancel any reservation as a result of
unforeseen circumstances i.e. property removed from rental program, frozen plumbing, owners' use of
property or natural acts.
16. Upon departure, lessee is to place all sheets and used bath linens at laundry room. Wash all dishes
and return to the cabinets. Remove all trash and take to public recycling center. Leave all electric breakers ON.
Leave heat setting at 55 degrees and do NOT turn off heat.
If you have any questions or would like more information,
please contact us 828-387-2000, or