Emerald Realty and Rentals is a rental agency engaging
in the rental of private property to others. This agency reserves
the right to refuse service to anyone we feel will not be responsible
for the rental property.
The following procedures must be followed by all guests renting
any of the properties managed by Emerald Realty and Rentals:
1. Minimum age to rent any of our rental properties is twenty-five
years of age.
2. We have a two night minimum in all rental properties and a
three night minimum for the holiday weekends of Martin Luther
King and Presidents Holiday. Christmas/New Years
holiday rentals all have a minimum of one week.
3. Sales tax is charged on all vacation rentals of less than
91 days. Sales tax rates vary from 6.75% or 12.75% depending
on county or city tax rates.
4. Trip interruption insurance in the amount of 6.95% is charged
on all rentals. This fee is optional, however, no money is refunded
in the event of a cancellation.
5. Fifty percent of the total rental amount, plus the trip interruption
insurance is required to confirm a reservation. Deposits are
due within ten days of booking a reservation, with the balance
due two weeks prior to guest arrival. A damage deposit of $350
($500 for largest homes) paid by personal check is due prior
to guest arrival. Many guests choose to purchase damage insurance
as a damage deposit in lieu of paying an additional cash deposit.
6. Check-in time is 4:00 PM. Check-out time is 10:00 AM. All
early check-ins or late check-outs must be approved by the office.
You may incur additional fees if you have not vacated your unit
by check-out time on your departure date.
7. Linens for bed, bath and kitchen are provided with the rental.
8. Firewood is not provided with the rentals that have wood-burning
fireplaces. Duroflame Logs are recommended.
9. Transportation is the sole responsibility of the lessee. Four
wheel drive vehicles or tire chains may be required to access
our rental properties.
10. NO PETS are allowed in any rental properties without prior
11. NO SMOKING in our homes, outside with ash trays is permitted.
Having pets, litering property or smoking inside will result
in loss of Security Deposit and posible eviction.
12. Emerald Realty and Rentals does not guarantee any weather,
road or ski conditions. We offer no refund as a result of inclement
weather or closing of the ski slopes.
13. Emerald Realty and Rentals reserves the right to move or
cancel any reservations as a result of unforeseen circumstances:
i.e. property removed from rental program, frozen pipes, owner's
use of property or natural acts.
14. Linens are provided with all rentals. Upon departure, lessee
is to strip beds of all used linens and place all used towels,
etc. in a bathtub. Wash all dishes and return to the cabinets.
Remove all trash and take to secure outdoor container or community
container site. Leave all breakers ON. Leave heat setting at
55 degrees and do NOT turn off heat.
If you have any questions or would like more information,
please contact us 828-387-2000, or